Tetsuya Takahashi, the game director of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, announced that on December 22, Monolith will publish the patch ver. 1.1.1, which will bring several improvements, and it was confirmed that the New Game Plus will arrive in 2018.
The December 22 update will introduce Easy mode for the Tiger Tiger minigame, map changes, bug fixes and the addition of new content (unspecified) to Season Pass holders.
The Game Director has also confirmed that in the first months of 2018 a substantial update will arrive that will add the New Game+ mode, the latter update should be published before the Quest Pack scheduled for late January.
Check the detailed patch notes below:
1. In the Event Theater for Chapter 1, after watching the “Rex and Nia” event, returning to the game would cause the camera to shake. If the game were to be saved at this point, the camera would permanently shake.
2. In the Gormott regular quest “One Step Ahead”, obtaining the quest item Healing Herb right at 12:00 would not count the item in the quest log.
3. Similarly, in the Gormott regular quest “A Young Man’s Prize”, obtaining the quest item Pure White Rhino right at 07:00 would not count the item in the quest log.
New Features Added:
1. Easy mode added to the Tiger Tiger minigame
2. Pressing the X button will let the Skip Travel screen transition to the map you’re currently located at. With this, it should be easier to check places on the map such as Skip Travel and Salvage Points.
3. Pressing the L stick now shows the zoom ratio of the mini-map. This should improve the visibility of your surroundings and also make checking quest destination points easier.
The following useful items will be given who have purchased Expansion Pass of the game:
1. Driver Necessities Set: 10 Rare Core Crystals, 1 Legendary Core Crystal, 3 Overdrives
2. Materials to strengthen Poppi: 30,000 Ether Crystals
3. Pyra’s favorite items: 5 Jenerossi Teas
4. Nia’s favorite items: 5 Ardainian Bear Carvings
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is now available exclusively on Nintendo Switch.