Warcraft III Patch 1.27a download available now
Blizzard has announced that the patch 1.27a of Warcraft III is now available for download at this link. As many imagined, the update is focused on improving the game compatibility with modern operating systems.
These changes include the creation of a new installer for Mac 10.10 and 10.11, better compatibility with Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, and some bugs have been fixed, although there are still some errors that they are working to fix with future updates.
The company has also said it is considering to release a patch later to balance the game and add more maps, although there is still nothing confirmed.
Warcraft III was launched in 2002 exclusively for PC and this is the first update that the game will receive since 2011.
This is the latest installment of the saga which belongs to the genre of real time strategy, and that its continuation was World of Warcraft, the successful MMORPG company with which it has followed the story.
Below you can check out the patch notes given on their official forums:
Specific Changes and Improvements
1. Throw away that old PowerPC Mac in the closet, we’ve created a new installer to support Mac 10.10 and 10.11.
2. Improved compatibility with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.
3. Fixed a crash caused by Chain Lightning.
1. Windows 8.1 and 10 saved games are still stored in a location that requires running as system admin.
2. Some graphical issues with the cinematics are still occurring.
3. Changes to gamma settings will not take effect in windowed mode.
4. Cyrillic characters are still not displaying.
5. Disabled ambient sound while a MIDI issue is being resolved.
6. Mac 10.9 and earlier are not supported.
7. Mac build does not support the editor.