Treasure Confirms Ikaruga for PS4
Treasure has announced on Twitter that Ikaruga will soon arrive on PlayStation 4 and PS4 Pro, after having been published last month on Switch: the classic title of the Japanese studio is then preparing to make its appearance on the Sony platform.
According to the Tweet, the official announcement of Ikaruga for PS4 will happen next week and the game should arrive on PlayStation Store shortly thereafter, it is not excluded at this point that Ikaruga may be one of the independent titles shown during the E3 conference of Sony.
Ikaruga was launched in Japan in Arcade format in 2001 and the following year on Dreamcast. In 2003 the game arrived on GameCube while five years later on Xbox 360. Finally, Ikaruga was released on Steam in 2014 and May 2018 on Nintendo Switch.
You can check out the overview of the game below via its Steam page.
Shoot! Dodge! and… Get Hit!?
Ikaruga is a vertical shoot ’em up that features an unique polarity-switching gameplay. Switch the ship’s polarity and “get hit and absorb” enemy bullets! Achieve High Score with the chain bonus!
1. The player ship, all enemies and bullets are black or white. Player’s polarity can be switched at will.
2. Your ship can absorb enemy bullets of the same polarity. Filled energy goes to fire powerful homing lasers! (Release Power.)
3. Defeat three enemies in a row of the same polarity and get the chain bonus! Building up high scores feels like a puzzle game?
4. Spectacular 3D graphics. Fast and smooth game play.
5. Two-player game (Local) and Double Play modes: You can play a two-player game with one controller.
6. Five levels. Tactical level design and boss battles.
7. Three difficulty levels: Easy, Normal, Hard. Change your tactics depending on the difficulty.
8. Two game modes: Arcade, Prototype (not hidden).
9. Replay data save is available. You can also download them from the Leaderboards.
10. Vertical screen mode support. You can also play the game like a side-scrolling shooter by rotating only the game screen.
— 株式会社トレジャー (@TreasureCoLtd) June 6, 2018