The Division Weapon Balance Update 1.3 Changelogs Detailed
Next week a new patch for Tom Clancy’s The Division will be released, so Ubisoft Massive shared some details of the changes that will balance to the weapons.
On the blog of Ubisoft, the team said the Marksman Rifle and SMG are the combination of weapons most commonly used by players at this time, which resulted in the unequal use of weapons between players.
Within the SMG, the AUG, Vector and MP5 family are the 3 most commonly used weapons and, according to the studio, its popularity raised because they are weapons that can be acquired in the Dark Zone. Also keep in mind that the AUG and Vector are the most powerful submachine guns, so all players prefer to use it.
So, in an effort to cope with the saturation of these weapons, Ubisoft will introduce the following changes to The Division in the next update 1.3:
1. SMGs now have a crit hit damage bonus rather than crit hit chance. It is much harder to reach a higher critical hit chance now, and you will have to make more stat choices when selecting gear in order to take advantage of the new bonus.
2. LMGs receive a bonus that increases their damage to targets out of cover by about 25%. The design of LMGs is to force people into cover and control areas with their large magazine sizes.
3. Shotguns receive a stagger bonus against NPC. When shooting targets, you have a high chance of causing them to stumble and lose their balance. This will not affect other players, however. Shotguns are also receiving a buff to their base damage that scales with the weapon’s level and up to a maximum of 30%.
4. Assault Rifles receive a bonus to enemy armor damage. This allows Assault Rifles to be a powerful weapon in PVE situations.
5. No changes were made to the bonus on Marksman Rifles.
6. Reduce the damage done by the AUG and Vector by 10%.
7. Increase the minimum accuracy cap on the M1A. When you shoot consistently, the cross hair will grow to a much larger size than it previously did.
In addition, Ubisoft will add new weapons, each will have its own balance with respect to its family of weapons and unique talent. Therefore, we have the shotgun Showstopper, the G36 assault rifle, sniper rifle SVD and the submachine PP-19. You can find more details of the new update in the link given above.