During the results of the first fiscal quarter of 2017, ended June 30, 2016, Take-Two spoke about the benefits achieved with Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online, and mentioned that Rockstar is working on future projects that will be revealed soon.
To begin with, the income of Take-Two during the quarter had increased by 13% to $311.6 million; by comparison, in the same period last year, the company earned $275.3 million. According to the company, GTA V, NBA 2k16 and Battleborn were the top titles that helped them achieve this goal. However, the CEO, Strauss Zelnick, said the obvious: Battleborn did not perform as well as expected.
Similarly, earnings per digital sales increased this quarter, from $154 million last year to $ 171.1 million for this period. In addition, recurrent expenditure of consumers, ie, DLC and virtual currency, rose 18%, contributing 31% of total company revenue. In this regard, GTA V is the one that takes the crown, but Take-Two did not disclose specific figures.
The company also said that “Rockstar Games also is hard at work on some exciting future projects that will be revealed soon.” Unfortunately, there were no further details.
Finally, Take-Two announced that the launch of XCOM 2 for consoles was delayed until September 27, and the franchise of Civilization has sold over 35 million units.