Nintendo Switch has surprised the industry with its sales pace. Currently, it has sold more than 32 million units, which is reflected in the good commercial performance of Nintendo at the software level. The company today revealed the list of Switch’s best-selling games until December 31, 2018. The updated figures reveal that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, one of the most recent releases for the console, already sold 12.08 million copies to world level.
The exclusives have had a very good reception, as 5 titles for the hybrid console already sold 10 million or more units. The best-selling console game is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with 15.02 million copies worldwide.
In the list we also have Super Mario Odyssey, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! & Eevee!, just to mention a few. Below I leave the complete list with the sales figures in millions of units:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe : 15.02 million
- Super Mario Odyssey : 13.76 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate : 12.08 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild : 11.68 million
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! & Eevee! : 10.00 million
- Splatoon 2 : 8.27 million
- Super Mario Party : 5.30 million
- 1-2 Switch : 2.86 million
- Mario Tennis Aces : 2.53 million
- Kirby: Star Allies : 2.42 million
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze : 2.08 million
- Octopath Traveler : 1.08 million
- Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit : 1.06 million
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker : 1.05 million
According to the financial report released today, Nintendo sold 52.51 million software units from October to December 2018. With this new figure, Switch games sales amount to 163.61 million worldwide.
In other recent software news, Nintendo delayed the launch of Mario Kart Tour. In addition, the company will restart the development of Metroid Prime 4 together with Retro Studios.