Steam Link Available Now on iPhone and iPad
A year after landing on Android devices and going through certain conflicts with Apple, the Steam Link App can now be enjoyed totally free on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV. Put another way: Valve puts its library of Steam games in the palm of your hand.
The idea is as simple as streaming and from your iOS device to the Steam titles, you already have, with more than suggestive addition of being able to enjoy them on television through Apple TV.
Of course, for logical reasons, the PC has to be on and connected to the same local network as the device we are going to use. The control system, on the other hand, offers three alternatives: we can pair an MFi controller or a Steam Controller with our device, although tactile solutions are also offered.
That said, what do you need to download and enjoy the Steam Link app on your iOS device?:
- iPhone or iPad should be updated to iOS 11 or later.
- 29.8 MB available space.
- A computer (PC) with Steam running (Windows, Mac or Linux).
- As we discussed, the iOS device should be on the same local network as the computer that runs Steam.
In addition to the above, Valve offers some recommendations for better performance:
- Connect the device to the 5 GHz wifi router using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the iOS device to the 5 GHz band of your Wi-Fi network.
- Keep the iOS device at a reasonable distance from the router.
Temporarily, or not, Steam will be losing great exclusives, but no digital store can be measured in content and community with the colossus of Valve. And that it has managed to open the doors of its platform on iOS is a great small victory for everyone. Including Apple.
Download Steam Link App from the Apple AppStore.