Star Citizen Alpha 2.1.0 download available on Public Test Universe (PTU)
Star Citizen is available in the alpha 2.1.0 version ready. Developers Cloud Imperium Games has placed the new update on the Public Test Universe (PTU). The live version of the space simulation on the other hand remains at the level 2.0. If the updated version contained serious errors, the previous version still remains playable. All modules are extended with 2.1.0 and optimized.
Star Citizen has been updated to the Alpha 2.1.0 version. The new update from developers Cloud Imperium Games still fits published for Christmas and loaded onto the Public Test Universe (PTU). This is available to all fans of space simulation ready for download. However, the live version will remain on the prior Alpha 2.0. So the makers do not want to risk serious mistakes at the holidays that might provide for discontent among fans.
All modules, from the hangar on the Arena Commander to Social module, will be extended with 2.1.0 and optimized. If you want to try out the new features, you need access to the PTU. This can be reached via the options of the game launcher. However, for a second installation a new account of Star Citizen must be created. In addition to the regular installation therefore testers need additional 30 gigabytes of disk space, and ideally a fast internet connection.
Furthermore Cloud Imperium Games warns before, that it is the Public Test Universe which is having a far more unstable version compared to live version. Only those who really want to take a look at the new features, can download and install it in their computer. What all new features and changes in this new 2.1.0 version brings with it, learn it in the following changelog and somewhat below:
Changelog – Alpha 2.1.0 (PTU)
- The AEGIS Sabre is now hangar-ready!
- The new MISC Freelancer (base) model is is now available in the Hangar!
- Freelancer S4 Ballistic Cannons have been changed to the Tarantula GT-870 Mark 3
- A new lighting pass for Revel and York has begun.
- Fixed an issue with texture conflicts in the left and right expansion bays of Selfland.
- Fixed an issue where some untextured items would appear on the reflections inside the VFG Industrial Hangar.
- Fixed an issue where there was a faint pink-purple tinge in the VFG Industrial Hangar lighting.
- Fixed an issue where having all Constellation variants in the hangar at once would cause severe streaming issues.
- Fixed an issue where the ladders in the VFG Industrial had no use prompts to descend them.
Arena Commander Module:
- Pilots can no longer exit ships in Arena Commander.
- Except for Free Flight mode, where pilots and crew can still exit their ships and EVA freely.
- Fixed an issue where decoupled mode could be activated while in Cruise mode.
- Fixed an issue where ship attachments (weapons and components) would not behave correctly when the ship was destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where the Battle Royale game mode would sometimes not end.
- Fixed an issue where players could get kicked from Vanduul Swarm for being idle while waiting to respawn.
- Fixed an issue where ejecting during self-destruct would allow players to bypass the respawn penalty.
- Fixed an issue where the self-destruct of a ship would be canceled after ejecting or exiting the pilot chair.
- Fixed an issue where the P-52 Merlin could not respawn in Race mode.
- Fixed an issue where multiple ships had broken or incorrect damage states in multiplayer game mode.
- Fixed an issue where Vanduul ships weapons were not being displayed in the OVR HUD.
- Fixed an issue where ship holograms were not displaying sections of the ship.
- The first iteration of our new physicalized EVA system is in place.
- Two new sliders have been added to the audio option menu.
- “Dynamic Range” and “Ship Computer Speech Volume”.
- The MISC Freelancer (base) is now flyable in Crusader.
- Added an “aim” pose for characters that are prone.
- Both the Hangar Elevator and the Main Menu “Universes” UI now allows users to select instances (either best available or instances with friends/contacts) after they have selected the location.