After waiting for quite some time, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Insomniac Games finally revealed the release date of Marvel’s Spider-Man. However, there are still some doubts, so the studio gave some extra details about the title.
Game Informer has the exclusive coverage of the new title of Spider-Man, so it asked 114 quick questions to Bryan Intihar, the game’s creative director. Although the interrogation gave rise to funny questions and answers, the truth is that there is also important information.
To begin, we must give a story that, due to changes in the industry, it is relevant in these times: the game will not have microtransactions, although it will have DLC. In addition, it will have a locked framerate at 30 frames per second on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro, although the latter system will have some visual improvements.
We leave you some of the data revealed by Intihar in the following list, although you can check all your answers on the page of Game Informer.
1. The game will not include microtransactions, but post-release DLC.
2. The game will look better on PS4 Pro, but regardless of the system, it will be locked at 30 fps.
3. Mary Jane will be a playable character and she will know that Peter Parker is Spider-Man.
4. The death of Uncle Ben will not appear in the story.
5. The game will have a crafting system, although more details were not revealed.
6. There will be a photography mode.
7. This representation of New York will be “much bigger” than Sunset Overdrive.
8. Spider-Man will be able to interact with citizens, from taking selfies to clashing their palms with them.
9. The quick trip will be through the subway.
10. There are no missions to return balloons to children (wink to Spider-Man 2: The Game)
11. There will be several costumes for Spider-Man. The interview shows Spider-Punk and Spider-Man Noir.
12. The Spider-Man suit will have some customizable elements.
Marvel’s Spider-Man will debut on September 7 as an exclusive title for PlayStation 4. In addition to the standard version, the game will feature a Collector’s Edition of $149.99 USD and a Deluxe Digital Edition of $79.99 USD.