Video Games News, Reviews & Guides

Sony expects to sell a lot of PS4 Pro this Christmas

0 410

Jim Ryan (president of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe) was interviewed by GamesIndustry on the days of E3 2017, and on this occasion he spoke, among other things, about the PlayStation 4 Pro, stating that the company expects good performance from the console during Christmas.

During an interview, Jim Ryan, President and CEO of SCEE, has also shared some of the numbers of PlayStation.

Ryan explains that to date 40% of the PS4 Pro were sold to owners of PlayStation 4 standard that have upgraded to the new console with the remaining 60% of sales accounted for by new customers. Only very recently the company has begun to evaluate the performance of the platform on the market, as the first months were characterized by limited production and the consequent lack of stocks, which made it difficult to assess the success of PS4 Pro on the market.

The president of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe continues then confirming that PlayStation 4 Pro will play an important role in the company’s strategies for the Christmas season, with an estimated 20% growth in sales, despite competition from Nintendo Switch and Xbox One X, at an output on 7 November.

PlayStation 4 Pro will be essential for the Christmas for Sony, which is expected to see growing percentage of buyers than other models (currently for every five PlayStation 4 sold, one is Pro). In short, the true potential of the mid-generation console will only be seen in the coming months.