Skyrim PC Beta Update available for download from Steam
“The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim” received a new update that extends the possibilities of modding. Mods should henceforth be larger than 100 MB in order to be a part of the Steam Workshop.
The update 01/09/33 for the Creation Kit of “The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim” is now available for download. After installation, modifications to the fantasy role-playing game in Steam Workshop are no longer limited to a size of 100 megabytes. For the player, there is the advantage that he no longer has to deal on distribution channels beyond the Valve platform. Thumbnails are still limited to 1 MB.
But there are still more changes here, because the downloading of modifications was facilitated with the update. Henceforth players no longer have to be active, to conduct a download in the way of “Skyrim”-Launcher. Rather, in the future everything will be mastered through the Steam client. This step should be prevented from “Skyrim” players that must first overcome countless updates and patches after weeks of absence before the launcher starts.
The role-playing game “The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim” is also popular for several years after its publication which is partly due to the active modding community. The owners of the role play can choose between hundreds of modifications. While some “Skyrim” mods only improve the graphics, “Skywind” add more projects and “Enderal” new areas, quests, NPCs and gameplay elements too.
To participate in these beta releases, you’ll need to do the following steps in the Steam client:
- Log into Steam
- Click on your game Library.
- Right click on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and select Properties.
- Click on the Betas tab, and from the drop down select beta – Skyrim Beta
- Next from Library, access Tools from the drop down.
- Right click on Creation Kit and select Properties.
- Click on the Betas tab, and from the drop down select beta – Creation Kit Beta
- Steam will now restart. After Steam restarts, Skyrim will be updated to the Beta version currently available.
More information on this beta patch can be found here.