Shadowrun: Hong Kong Crash to Desktop fix, Stuck at Prosperity tower solution, Error 80 on startup workaround, etc
Shadowrun: Hong Kong game came out recently this August 20th. This is a recent release and the game offers you a tactile role playing gameplay. There is certain issue with the game that many players are facing and this guide will help you to resolve them. You are more than welcome to post your comment and inform us if you are having any problem. A solution provided by you will also guide other players. The game has certain crash issues on PC. That means when you start the game it will crash without responding. We are trying to offer as much fixes as we are able to find and with that we will also update with more fixes in future if we found out more solution. Before installing or downloading a new game the best thing is to check the minimum and maximum system requirements. So that in case if your pc is having any low end graphics card or a CPU or RAM, you can simply skip the game.
Minimum System Requirement:
- OS: Windows XP SP3/Vista/Windows 7 & 8
- Processor: x86-compatible 1.8GHz or faster processor
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX compatible 3D graphics card with at least 256MB of addressable memory
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Hard Drive: 10 GB available space
Above is the Minimum System Requirement for playing Shadowrun: Hong Kong. The game requires atleast 256MB of GPU that is not very high. But if you are having atleast 1GB of graphics card with 4GB of RAM then it is more than enough. The game is not really a very high graphics game. It will work well on low end system also but for smooth performance good video memory is must.
Shadowrun: Hong Kong Error 80 fix:
After double clicking on the game icon if you are getting an Error 80 and the game crashes then the issue is with Steam. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del key to launch Task Manager. Go in Process and kill Steam.exe. Then start Steam back again and then run Shadowrun: Hong Kong. The game will work without error if Steam is properly functioning in the background. If still it does not help then remove Steam and download the latest version and install it.
Shadowrun: Hong Kong Character Stuck:
In some places you might notice that the character is not moving or not responding. The issue lies with the keyboard or controller you are using in your system. The easiest way to fix this is to remove it and connect it back. If that does not help then you have to update the usb drivers in your system related to the controller in your system.
Shadowrun: Hong Kong Crash solution:
The game might crash on various levels. Like when you double click on the exe file of this game then it will crash instantly or after the game logo. It might also crash while playing or while making changes in the game settings. All this issue is related to your video drivers. You have to update that first before starting the game. Yet Shadowrun: Hong Kong game crash is not associated to any other major issue. Just go on the official site of your video memory manufacturer and update the latest driver. You can also use automated driver updater software. The second way of resolving this issue is verifying the game integrity in Steam. For that follow the below process.
- Go in Steam Library and right click on the Game
- Then choose Properties. And in that you have to click on Local Files.
- Now click on Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
- Launch the game back for better output.
Shadowrun: Hong Kong Lag workaround:
Launch the game and then go in Task Manager. In windows you can do this by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del. Go in Process and right click on the game exe. Set the CPU priority to high and then test back. The game lag will be reduced. With this turn off unwanted background process for a smoother output. If you are playing the game on laptop and it is not working well then try running a fresh video driver update.
- Removing UGC (User Generated Content) from Shadowrun: Hong Kong:
- Sometime there would be issue with UGC in the game. The best thing to do is clear it and try to play the game back again. UGC can cause game crash or lagging issue. So by wiping it out completely you can play the actual game and once you are done playing it you can go ahead with reactivating it. Follow the below steps to remove UGC.
- Launch Steam first. Find Shadowrun: Hong Kong and then go in Steam workshop.
- You have to then click on Subscribed Item. You have to choose the item list and choose Unsubscribe from there.
- The next thing you have to do is manually remove the UGC files that are by default in Steamapps\common\. It is inside Steam folder in Program files. Manually delete the files.
- Now start the game and test it.
Shadowrun: Hong Kong Save Game Sync not working;
Through Save Game sync you can simply upload you’re save games on Steam cloud. In case you have to remove the game or you have to format your pc you can simply sync it back and get your old game progress easily. If Steam Sync is not working then follow the below steps to turn it on back.
- Start Steam and go in the Game Library.
- Look for Shadowrun: Hong Kong and right click on the same then click on Properties.
- You have to then go in the Update section. From there you will find a checkbox. Add a tick on Enable Steam Cloud.
- Now turn off the game and restart Steam. Then test.
Change Screen resolution of Shadow Run: Hong Kong:
Sometime the game will turn on in locked resolution. There is an easy method to modify the same and you can d that form below. To modify the resolution follow the below steps
- Hold Ctrl from Keyboard. And then double click on the game shortcut. If you are playing the game on Mac then hold alt key and launch it.
- You will see a configuration window from where you can make changes in the screen resolution.