Sea of Thieves Datamine Suggests Open Beta Coming Soon
A group of dataminer has analyzed the source code of the new update of the Sea of Thieves, discovering some interesting news coming for the pirate game of Rare.
In the source code, there is a clear reference to an Open Beta not yet announced, a phase of Open Beta for Sea of Thieves is not to be excluded but considering the imminent release of the game, the announcement could arrive in the coming weeks.
Furthermore, reference was made to a new quest (called the Order of Souls) not present in the Closed Beta. At the moment nothing of what was reported was confirmed by Rare and Microsoft, remember that Sea of Thieves will be available from March 20 on Xbox One, Xbox One and Windows 10, free from Day One for Xbox Game Pass subscribers.
Check out the details of this open beta shared by Redditor vJoeyz below (Spoilers Warning):
1. New PirateGenerator customization options added: Dirt, eye color, eyebrows, facial hair, freckles, hair color, makeup, scars, skin color and tattoos.
2. Added more Kraken ShipWrappingTentacle AI behavior for the small and the large ship (KrakenShipWrappingTentacle_HeavyAttack, KrakenShipWrappingTentacle_ShakeAttack, …)
3. More Kraken ‘shipgrab’-materials and textures added
4. A kraken_poison_drops visual effect
5. More “Hideout”-GameObjects and Blueprints* added (BP_AnimatedSteps, BP_StepsTrigger, PirateLegendCategory etc.) *Blueprints as in the visual scripting tool used in Unreal Engine
6. An Equipment Shopkeeper was added (where you can buy new spyglasses, pocket watches etc.) (replaces the ‘TrinketShop’)
7. Admiral-styled PocketWatch and spyglass
8. BilgeRat-styled PocketWatch and spyglass
9. Island and Ship Cosmetic-Chest added, this is probably where you can change the new beforementioned facial hair etc.
10. More different skelly difficulty ranks added (AIProgression AccuracyGraphs)
11. Custom projectile impact effects when hitting the Kraken (for Cannonball, PistolShots and ShotSmall*) *These are probably the projectiles fired from the blunderbuss
12. Two Legendary Tavern NPC models added
13. More swimming-specific animations (tankard, showing treasure map for female_large etc.)
14. Pig cargo ‘eat’ and ‘eat hungry’ animations (implying you have to keep your animal-cargo fed)
15. Separate AI ProgressionController for skellies in forts
16. Order-of-Souls NPC ghost-outfit (for the NPC itself)
17. Artifacts and crates now have a glint light glow
18. Two new generic Shopkeeper models
19. A new (second) ship anchor model
20. Skelly ‘laugh’ and ‘fear’ sound effects
21. Something called the ‘Armory’-menu – contains images like: all.png, blunderbus.png, dagger.png, hammer.png, pistol.png, sniper.png, sword.png
22. References to OPEN BETA Order-of-Souls quests (Yay!)