It has long been talk of a possible presentation of Bloodborne II at E3 2017 in Los Angeles, but a rumor recently reported seems to suggest another: From Software will be present at the show but will not announce any project related to Dark Souls or Bloodborne but it could present a new IP.
The insider Nibel reported the rumor, however, advancing numerous doubts. The game in question should be titled “Phantom Wail” and would be in development for PlayStation 4. The source speaks of an action game fighting with bare hands (although the weapons should not be missed) with the setting of Maya or Aztec.
Below you can check the rumored information about the new IP of Phantom Wail posted on Reddit:
• Ancient Aztec/Mayan/tribal aesthetic.
• Emphasis on hand-to-hand combat techniques and “martial art styles”.
• Traditional melee weapons still in (i.e. clubs), but they won’t have a major focus; weapon-based movesets are gone.
• Instead, players will customize and personalize their hand-to-hand movesets and fighting styles, there is customization for weapon fighting styles as well, however. (This kinda-sorta sounds like Nioh to me, with the weapon skill trees and such, just my personal opinion).
• Is the “Souls-like, dark fantasy, familiar” game Miyazaki mentioned when interviewed about the future of From Software. Armored Core and a “strange for From Software” game were the other 2 mentioned.
• Collaboration between Sony Japan and From Software (it’s the Sony exclusive title).
At the moment, nothing has been confirmed, so we encourage you to take the news with proper care, waiting for any official feedback by the publisher.