Rumor: Destiny 2 PC version will launch on Battle.net, details about PvP revealed
Although now lacks very little to the presentation of the gameplay of Destiny 2, and while we count the minutes that separate us from the reveal of the game, rumors and supposed leaks spills with an impressive rhythm.
The last, in order of appearance on Reddit by the user destinyLeaker, seems to reveal that the game on PC version will not be available either on Steam or Origin, but on Battle.net.
The level cap would remain the same as the vanilla edition of the first Destiny, or 20. In addition, in terms of gameplay there would be a focus on PvP, with a new style in Elimination mode (which, however, will not disappear). The matches of the crucible remain in 4v4.
The Osiris Tests would be eventually canceled in favor of a new format that would take the name of the Nine Test.
The thread on Reddit was promptly removed and it is not possible to verify the veracity of this leak, so take it with a pinch of salt.
Below you can check for yourself the complete leaked information by the Reddit user destinyLeaker:
• Destiny 2 will launch on Battle.net – not Steam and not Origin.
• Max level will be 20 just like D1 vanilla.
• Tomorrow they will reveal a new pvp game mode. It is like an evolution of Elimination, but Elimination is not gone (don’t worry!). At the moment, crucible – all of it – is 4v4.
• Let’s talk about the weapons.
• Slot A is like Primary. It will work mostly the same as it does now. There will be no elemental weapons in this slot. Kinetic damage Auto, Pulse, Hand Cannon, and Scout. However, side arms will get moved into this slot and SMGs will be added.
• Slot B is identical to slot A, but the weapons are elemental. That means that you get two primaries in crucible and ammo is abundant for both.
• Slot C will be Rocket Launchers (with even less ammo, but larger explosions), Swords, fusions, snipers, shotguns, and…. a secret new weapon I don’t want to spoil (but was totally in the trailer)! HMGs are gone.
• “Heavy ammo” will have relatively short timers and many locations, but only drops for the person that picks it up. Of course, we’ve seen that Bungie can change this kind of thing with relative ease, so who knows how it will be at launch or a year from now.
• Abilities are a really big deal. You can expect to see each class have a new ability that exists for the whole class no matter what subclass. Each class gets 1 ability with 3 options. Hunters get Shadestep, Warlocks get something similar to the bubble, but it doesn’t offer a physical barrier, just the perk, and Titan’s get a “brace” which is kind of like cover they can create.
• Golden Gun, Voidwalker, Striker, Nightstalker, Stormcaller, and Sunbreaker will all return, though they will all see massive changes. Bladedancer is being replaced by a class that uses an arc bow staff. Sunsinger is being replaced by a class that uses a solar sword. Defender is being replaced by void Captain America.
• Trials of Osiris is gone. It’s called Trials of the Nine.