Over the last few hours, rumors have surfaced on the hypothetical fifth chapter of the Dead Rising series. The “Anonymous” user posted on 4chan a list of game information, revealing the possible details of fiction and gameplay.
Based on that, Dead Rising 5 will not be developed by Capcom Vancouver, a team that would have decided to devote itself to new projects. Set 25 years after the original chapter, and briefly titled as “Dead Rising”, the title should be played in the role of a young college student, famous for his conspiracy theories.
Dead Rising 4 would not be considered a canonical chapter in its successor, and none of the characters that appeared in the past would be present in the new game (Frank West would nevertheless be mentioned several times).
In terms of gameplay, the game would be a kind of a “reset” and a return to the past thanks to, and above all, the reintroduction of the time limit and other gameplay features such as psychos, photographs, and the ability to interrogate certain characters.
Of course, we invite you to take the news with a pinch of salt, as the information that you can see here are the results of rumors that have not been confirmed in any way by the official parties.
Check the whole detailed Dead Rising 5 game information below:
– NOT being developed by Capcom Vancouver. They wanted to move onto other projects, an entirely different studio is working on this one.
– Began early production back in late 2015, CV was done with Dead Rising after 3 but Capcom had them sh*t out DR4 using almost entirely old assets for the ten year anniversary.
– Just called ‘Dead Rising’, for now. Not a reboot, but a complete return to form and almost a ‘reset’ of sorts for the franchise.
– Puts you in a college town with three separate sectors, the college, the town, and a mall.
– Takes place 25 years after the original. You play as a photojournalism student named Jack who is infamous for his conspiracy theories that he writes in the college paper. He sees the outbreak as an opportunity to win big and get “the scoop”.
– VERY similar to the original Dead Rising. Time limit is back, and it is tough. Players will have to give up on certain side quests/pick and choose what to do. 100% in a single playthrough IS possible apparently, but only at higher levels.
– Psychos are back, very similar to the first game. Focused more on normal people who have gone insane rather than flamboyant/se*ualized/cartoony villains.
– No characters from previous games appear, however, Frank West is apparently mentioned frequently.
– DR4 is not canon, at least in this game’s timeline. Willamette is referenced heavily as still being gated off after the events of the first game.
– Photography makes a return, as well as the ability to question and interrogate certain characters. This is used in the story but is also used in side missions.
– Survivor escorts are back, but the AI isn’t reta*ded like the original. Also, they only take up about half of the side missions, the other half goes into investigatory work and lore.