Report: Bruce Straley not directing The Last Of Us 2
According to a rumor launched by Kotaku, Bruce Straley will not cover the role of co-director in The Last of Us Part 2 and will not be involved in the development, unlike what happened in The Last of Us and Uncharted 4. The only responsible person for the project will be Neil Druckmann.
According to some sources quoted by Kotaku, Straley would take a sabbatical after 20 years of uninterrupted work, thus leaving the task of leading the game to his friend and colleague Neil Druckmann. Straley has worked in Naughty Dog since 1996 and he felt the need of a pause reflection,
At the time, however, Sony and Naughty Dog have not commented on this rumor, which therefore remains only a rumor unconfirmed. Stay tuned for more updates about it.
Recall that, Neil Druckmann was the guest of a panel held during the PlayStation Experience 2016 and focused completely on the new game of The Last of Us: Part II, highly anticipated title announced during the conference.
The creative director of the game (and at Naughty Dog) has released the first official details about the second part of the story involving Ellie and Joel. Below we have collected and listed all the information related to the title:
– Ellie Will be 19 years olds.
– Unlike the first part of The Last of Us, where the main theme was love, Part II will instead be based on hatred.
– Players assume the role of Ellie (Joel used in the first for almost the entire game).
– The gameplay of Ellie will be different than that seen in the first chapter with Joel.
– Some Features of the gameplay will be revolutionized, others will be repeated from the previous game.
– The Last of Us and The Last of Us: Part II will together create a narrative strand even longer.
– Naughty Dog is working hard to make fans happy.
– The Graphics engine used to create the game will be an updated version of one belonging to Naughty Dog.
Remember that, The Last of Us Part II will be published exclusively on the PlayStation 4.