Ubisoft has now announced that Rainbow Six: Siege will be updated on January 13 on the PC and on 20 January 2016 for the gaming console to version 1.3. In the foreground of the updates are anti-cheat improvements and several bugfixes. Preliminary patch notes have been published by the developers of this online shooter game. Rainbow Six: Siege is already available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One since 1 December 2015 respectively.
The PC version of Rainbow Six: Siege is already updated on January 13, 2016 to version 1.3. But for the gaming console, gamers have to wait until January 20. The patch includes according to preliminary patch notes, which were published in the official forum, primarily a series of bug fixes. Furthermore, however, the anti-cheat measures and the collision detection has been improved now. Console players will benefit even before the publication of the patch with these optimizations.
After Ubisoft already increased the so-called server-tick rate to query player positions on the PC with a previous update of 30 to 60 queries per second, players should now capitalize on PS4 and Xbox One with the improved collision detection. The cheater detection has been improved and now makes short work: whoever in Rainbow Six: Siege plays by unfair means, receives henceforth no more warning, but will be immediately banned permanently. Below you can see the complete patch 1.3 version notes for Rainbow Six: Siege –
GENERAL TWEAKS & IMPROVEMENTS
(Live for PC and consoles, as of Jan. 13th)
HIT REGISTRATION IMPROVEMENTS
- Updated the server tick rate for console users
- With the goal of improving positioning and shooting replication, we had deployed a first update on PC in which the player position update rate is set to 60 times per second (vs. the previous 30). After testing, we are satisfied with its state so we are now deploying this update to all consoles as well.
- Cheating countermeasures have been improved further.
- Banning policy update: all cheaters detected by the system will be banned permanently. No more three day ban for first offense.
EXPLOIT FIX: DEFENDERS EXITING THE PREPARATION PHASE
- Added a configuration that allows us to turn ON an insta-kill configuration for Defenders that go outside their zone during the preparation phase (this behavior should not be possible, but if exploits are found, the guilty shall be punished by a swift death!)
- We will be able to activate this functionality at any time. We will first be testing it on XB1 during the afternoon of January 13th (Montreal time). If it proves effective, we will be deploying this on all platforms later that day.
TOP COMMUNITY-RAISED BUG FIXES
(Live for PC on Jan. 13th, live for consoles on Jan. 20th)
Please be aware that this is not an exhaustive list and that we are only highlighting fixes that were done about the most commonly raised community bugs.
LEVEL DESIGN FIXES
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to exit their zone during the preparation phase (red wall). When transitioning from proning to standing position combined with putting up a barricade, players were able to go through walls. We believe this exploit is now solved. Please share your experience in this forum thread if you still encounter it after the patch (information we are looking for listed in opening post).
- Partial fix of Error [2-0x00000041]. Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for more information.
- Potential full fix of the loading screen freeze (smoke background). Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
- Potential full fix of the failed data synchronization issue. Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
- Session authentication operation requests are now using the per data center proxy instead of the Dev one.
- Improved error tracking, for easier issue identification from our side.
- Ranked match reconnection fixes for PC:
- If game was closed by pressing [x] or ALT+F4, the players will not be leaving all sessions anymore.
- Players leaving a Ranked match by pressing F10 will now be receiving reconnect & abandon messages.
- Players leaving a Ranked match by quitting with ALT+F4 will now be receiving reconnect & abandon messages.
- Various smaller connectivity and crash fixes.