Video Games News, Reviews & Guides

PS4 Exceeds 5.1 Million Units Sold in the United Kingdom, Xbox One Sold 3.9 Million Units

97

In recent days, the analyst of Niko Partners Daniel Ahmad, also known as ZhugeEx, has published updated sales figures for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for the UK.

The two consoles together reached a total of 9 million units sold, a value higher than that achieved by PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 during the past generation of consoles in the same amount of time. The PlayStation 4 sold represent 57% of the total (5.13 million) units while the Xbox One represents 43% (3.87 million).

From the graph published by the analyst, which you find at the bottom of the news, there is also another very interesting information: the relationship between the two houses has literally overturned over the course of a generation. In the past, it was Xbox 360 to hold the widest sales in the market with 56% of the total. On the other hand, the remaining 44% was due to PlayStation 3.

What do you think of this data? Regardless of the predominant console, they show a healthy market that is recording higher results than those obtained in the last generation. According to the latest data provided by GamesIndustry https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-02-07-why-isnt-nintendo-switch-breaking-records-in-the-uk, Nintendo Switch is instead at 700 thousand units sold in the United Kingdom.

This value refers to the first 9 months of availability on the market of the hybrid console of Nintendo.

READ  Death Stranding Briefing Trailer Reveals Game's Story
Read previous post:
Universal Pictures Wants To Bring The Fast And The Furious Franchises To Video Games

Universal Pictures is a company that holds the rights to many iconic film franchises. If you're a fan of any...

Close