Project CARS Crash, Unhandled Exception, FPS, Performance fixes
Project CARS is a new kind of racing game that offers you a more realistic driving simulation. This game is released on different gaming console and PC. But it do happens that sometimes the game does not work really well. This guide is for those who are dealing with various problem on pc. I am going to cover various bugs and their fixes of this game here and with that I am also going to update upcoming information on same with its minimum and recommended system requirements. If your computer hardware is not good enough to run the game then you will surely face major performance problem. So you have to check that first.
Project CARS Minimum System Requirements:
- Cpu – Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66GHz or Phenom II X4 940 or higher
- GPU – GeForce GTX 260 or Radeon HD 5770 1024MB or higher
- RAM – 2 GB
- Direct X – DX 9
- Storage Space – 7 GB
Project CARS Recommended System Requirements:
- Cpu – Core i7-3770S 4-Core 3.1GHz or FX-8350 or higher
- GPU – GeForce GTX 650 2GB or Radeon HD 7790 or higher
- RAM – 8 GB
- Direct X – DX 11
- Storage Space – 7 GB
How to backup Project CARS Save Game :-
- It is found that due to some reason or bugs many users are losing their game profile/save games. So, the first thing you have to do is backup your game profile/save game whenever needed. Or else you will lose all your progress. The location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\16232743\234630\local\project cars\profiles\default.sav. Copy the default.sav file and keep it somewhere. Once the bug is resolved you won’t have to use these manually all the time.
Project Cars Stuttering, Poor Graphics and Lagging Issue:-
There is a common fix for this problem. The drivers. If you are having Nvidia Graphics Card then you have to update the latest drivers or else if you are having AMD then you will have to go with AMD website to download the latest driver. I had provided below the official download link that you can use:
- Nvidia Driver download – http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
- AMD Driver Download – http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
There are not official or optimized or beta drivers yet for Project CARS. Whatever GPU you are using, you have to just update its drivers to the latest one. That will do the job. A RAM upgrade will also help. Though the game ask only 2GB of RAM for the minimum gameplay, but if you have 4GB or higher then it will be a lot better. Try to reduce the graphics settings to minimum if your system has 2GB RAM only. Try to turn off Motion Blur, Detailed Grass, etc.
Project Cars Unhandled Exception Error Troubleshooting:-
This is another error that might appear on the launch. This error occurs due to misconfiguration of graphics settings in game. And it can be resolved easily. All you have to do is go in the My Documents folder of your system and look for the game folder in it. And get rid of graphicsconfigfile. Instead of deleting just cut paste the file somewhere. If you are not able to find the exact location then try to search this in the game installation drive or C drive. Sometime after deleting the file you might get black screen, but it would be resolved. If not then restore the file back.
Error Code – Unhandled exception trapped . EXCEPTION_ACCES_VIOLATION at 0x403c0ada. Reading from Address 0x0000000c:
- Right click on the game shortcut and choose Run as Administrator.
- The above error will usually appear on the start of the game. The game will crash with this. There is a tiny fix for this. For that you have to go in Documents and go in the CARS folder. From there you have to move the file graphicsconfigdx11. Cut paste it somewhere else. If the error is not resolved or any other error appears then restore the file back. For those who are on steam go in Steam launch option and add -dx8 or -x86 on the game shortcut.
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION at0x40f12150. Reading from Address 0x2e53f1d1. Thread 0x00000bac:
- This is another similar error that usually appears when you trying to start the game or when you are playing it. This error might popup in between and you won’t be able to play it further. The reason behind this is a active third party software in the background. If you are running software like Fraps for recording the gameplay then better turn it off to play the game smoothly. Also software like MSI After burner also interfere in between. The same issue is with TeamSpeak.
Project Cars Improper Camera:
- Go in Game Settings and set value 0 for Force Feedback option.
Project Cars Pedal Mapping:
- Go in Options and then click on Control. Click on Edit Assignment and from here click the pedal that is not working and then press the pedals to reconfigure.
Project Cars Slow Loading on Windows:
- If the game is taking too long time to start then once after loaded try reducing the game graphics to lower level. The load time will increase if the resolution is very high with all extra graphic options turned on. This just shows that the gpu is not responding well on high settings.
Project Cars low FPS:
- There is no direct solution for this problem. It looks like Nvidia and AMD might be working on some new driver updates to get more better FPS for this game. Yet the game developer has also not released any patch for this problem. So better wait for sometime or you can play the game with low graphic settings.
- There is a possibility to boost the FPS speed of Project CARS. But that can be done through a modded driver and there is no 100% assurity that it will work. There are maximum chances that your current settings will be messed up. So it is better if you do this on your own risk. All you need is wipe out the old drivers and install AMD Catalyst 15.x WHQL Win 8.x MOD (15.200.1018.1 April 1) in your system. If this helps then you will gain more FPS or else your system will be messed up. To refix, remove this drivers and install the latest one. This is only for AMD graphic cards.
Project Cars stuck in Window Mode:
- This is a rare error. It does not occur to everyone. But if you are facing this problem then you can resolve the issue through Steam. Start Steam and then go in the Steam Library. Right click on Project Cars and choose Properties. Then choose Local Files. There you have to click on Verify Integrity of Game Cache. This will resolve most of the problems.