PlayStation 4 System Software 7.00 Update Available Now (Download Link Included)
The PlayStation 4 Firmware 7.00 update is available for download now. As announced in advance, the new system software can be downloaded to the PlayStation 4 via this link. Among other things, the number of possible party participants has been increased with the update. And there were also improvements on Remote Play.
You can also download the firmware via the settings menu of the PS4 console. The size is about 450 MB big. If you enjoy interacting with PS4 friends or other community members, you’ll benefit from various improvements to the party chat system that will find its way to the console with the PS4 Firmware 7.00. Not only a doubling of the number of participants is included in the system update but the company has also worked on the quality and connectivity of the console.
You can check the full update notes shared by Sony below.
Main features in the PlayStation 4 system software update 7.00
The following changes have been made to Party
- The maximum number of people who can join a party has been increased from 8 to 16.
- Chat transcription has been added, and accessibility has been improved. While in a party, use (PS4 Second Screen)*1 on your smartphone or other mobile device to convert party voice chat to text, or to enter text to have it read aloud to other party members. This feature works only in English and is available only on PS4 systems sold in certain regions.
- Network connectivity has been improved.
- Audio quality of voice chat has been improved.
- Remote Play can now be used on more devices. Besides Xperia devices, Remote Play can now be used on other smartphones and tablets running Android 5.0 or higher Download (PS4 Remote Play) from Google Play to use this feature. Additionally, for mobile devices running Android 10, you can now connect a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller via Bluetooth for Remote Play2*3.
- When using Remote Play on an iPhone or iPad, you can now do the following things. Select(Settings) on the Remote Play screen to switch to these settings.
- iPhone or iPad: The controller can now be displayed at all times.
- iPhone: You can now lock the screen orientation.
- You can now use a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller via Bluetooth for Remote Play on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac*. Update to the following OS to use this feature.
- iOS 13
- iPadOS 13
- macOS Catalina
- Some features, such as the touch pad and the vibration function, may not be available on the iPhone and iPad.