PES 2017: Konami Responds To Diego Maradona’s Legal Threats

GameTransfersGT Feature Image

Last week, Diego Armando Maradona has accused Konami for having used his image in Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 without his authorization. The footballer said he never granted exploitation rights to the Japanese publisher.


After few days of silence, Konami has decided to respond to Diego Armando Maradona. The former football player has accused the company for using his image without the necessary rights in the title of PES 2017. Konami has decided to defend themselves and the Konami’s Tokyo headquarters have put out a statement of denial to this accusation.

The Japanese software house has stated that the contract can legally enter face and real names of the players. One answer that leaves little to the imagination.

Accusation very serious, to which Konami has responded in the following manner: “At this time, there have been news that in Winning Eleven 2017 (international title: PES 2017 Pro Evolution Soccer) there is one player that is being used without permission; however, our company is using [this player] appropriately, with the basis of the license within the contract.”

Maradona has previous said that he wanted to sue Konami because of the above reasons. On the day of March 30, the Pibe de Oro said he had given the green light to his lawyer for legal action.

Konami has thus defended itself against accusations of Maradona, we’ll see if the star of Argentine replies to this defense or not. We will keep you updated in case of further news about it.

Source