Atlus has announced that the distributed copies of Persona 5 have exceeded two million sales since the launch, in fact, the fifth episode is the most popular chapter in the saga, having enjoyed considerable success not only in Japan but also in Europe and North America.
Persona 5 has been critically acclaimed by the players, the game has gained until today the following recognition:
1. Japan Game Awards 2015 – Future Division Award
2. PlayStation Awards 2016 – Gold Prize / Users Choice Prize Winner
3. VFX-Japan Awards 2017 – Game Video Division Excellence Award
4. IGN Japan Games of the Year 2016 – No. 1 Title
5. Dengeki Online Awards 2016 – No. 1 Best Console Title
6. Dengeki PlayStation Awards 2016 – No. 1 Best Title of 2016
7. Famitsu Awards 2016 – Excellence Award
8. CEDEC Awards 2016 – Game Design Division Excellence Award
9. Famitsu – Best Game / Best RPG
10. Japan Game Awards 2016 – Excellence Award
11. PlayStation Awards 2017 – Users Choice Prize
The JRPG of Atlus is currently nominated in four categories at The Game Awards 2017, Game of the Year, Best Art Direction, Best Soundtrack and Best Role Playing Game.
The Japanese company is satisfied with the results it achieved and will continue to work to ensure new experiences for the players set in the personal world.
The different accounts of Atlus on social networks have celebrated this figure with a message of thanks on behalf of CEO Naoto Hiraoka to the followers for their loyalty and trust deposited:
#Persona5 has sold over 2 million copies worldwide! On behalf of everyone here at ATLUS USA we would like to thank everyone for their support. Enjoy this drawing from Persona series Character Designer Shigenori Soejima. pic.twitter.com/HaCyoKI3Af
— Atlus U.S.A., Inc. (@AtlusUSA) December 1, 2017