Nintendo announced that it has sold 22.86 million Nintendo Switch consoles as of September 30th, 2018: the data refers to the consoles actually purchased by the players and not to the units distributed to dealers.
During the second quarter of the fiscal year (from July 1 to September 30) Nintendo sold 3.19 million units of Switch and 24,170,000 games. The goal of the Kyoto house is to sell 20 million units by March 31, 2019, a date that indicates the closure of the current fiscal year.
Nintendo has also updated sales data for the best-selling First Party Switch games, check the list below:
- Super Mario Odyssey – 12.17 million
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 11.71 million
- The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild – 10.28 million
- Splatoon 2 – 7.47 million
- 1-2 Switch – 2.64 million
- Mario Tennis Aces – 2.16 million
- ARMS – 2.10 million
- Kirby Star Allies – 2.10 million
- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze – 1.67 million
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – 1.53 million
In total, 111.10 million video games for Nintendo Switch were sold on September 30th. The last news concerns the distribution of the firmware update 6.10, now available for download, the software solves a bug of the Joy-Con and a problem related to the correct recognition of the subscription to Nintendo Switch Online.