Like every Wednesday, Media Create shared its report of weekly sales of consoles and games in Japanese stores. Thanks to this we know that last week 221,210 Switch units were sold in Japan.
According to the report of Media Create, with this amount of consoles sold, Switch was the most popular console in Japan between December 11 and 17. It is important to note that the console sold 56,302 units more than those recorded in the previous report.
As usual, behind the Nintendo console are the PlayStation 4 (45,161 units sold) and 2 XL models of the Nintendo 3DS family console. Something that caught our attention is that Xbox One sales soared this week.
Check the full list below:
1. Nintendo Switch – 221,210 units sold.
2. PlayStation 4 – 45,161 units sold.
3. New Nintendo 2DS XL – 31,653 units sold.
4. New Nintendo 3DS XL – 19,115 units sold.
5. PlayStation 4 Pro – 17,804 units sold.
6. PlayStation Vita – 9049 units sold.
7. 2DS – 4324 units sold.
8. Xbox One – 2175 units sold.
9. New 3DS – 421 units sold.
10. Xbox One X- 132 units sold.
11. Wii U – 75 units sold.
12. PS3 – 44 units sold.
On the other hand, this week’s best-selling game was Yo-kai Watch Busters 2: Sword/Magnum. In its first days in the market, the Level-5 exclusive shipped 208,540 copies, making it one of the best new releases of the year in Japan. Keep in mind that this is not the only debut among the best sellers of the week since Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory also appeared in the Top 10.
Behind the game of Level-5 are Super Mario Odyssey, Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon and Splatoon 2. In addition, in the list, we find names like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Yakuza: Kiwami 2.
Do you want to know the best selling games of the week in Japan? Then check the list that we present below:
1. Yo-kai Watch Busters 2: Sword/Magnum – 208,540 copies sold.
2. Super Mario Odyssey – 133,180 copies sold.
3. Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon – 119,005 copies sold.
4. Splatoon 2 – 70,489 copies sold.
5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 50,679 copies sold.
6. Earth Defense Force 5 -33,315 copies sold.
7. Yakuza: Kiwami 2 – 21971 copies sold.
8. Kirby: Battle Royale – 19,678 copies sold.
9. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory [Vita] -19,325 copies sold.
10. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory [PS4] -14,342 copies sold.
Now that you know the most popular video game products in Japan, tell us in the comments below, do you think Switch and Yo-Kai Watch Busters 2 will spend the rest of the year as the most popular?