Nintendo tells us some more details about the Wii U version of Minecraft, confirming the use of multiple devices and compatibility with voice chat.
Confirmed a few hours ago by Nintendo, Minecraft on Wii U will arrive on 17 December 2015 in the dematerialized format on the Nintendo eShop. This version of the game has the distinction of using the Wii U gamepad, even allowing us to use our television to play.
In addition, Nintendo has confirmed on its official website that this version of the title of Mojang will be compatible with USB keyboards, but also the Wii U Pro Controller. The voice chat will be also possible, something rather with practical margin textual discussions.
Recall that Minecraft on Wii U will offer its own branded additional packs on Nintendo, with the collaboration of the studio Mojang.
Some notes are listed below for this version of the game:
- The game will be released on December 17th in dematerialized version over the world, but later in its physical version.
- The game does not offer inventory management via the gamepad, which nevertheless seemed THE logic functionality to develop for this port.
- It will be possible to play with the Wii U Pro Controller, or plug in a USB keyboard for gamers more accustomed to PC gaming.
- The title will support voice chats, not to be confused with the slightly crazy fan of this work, which has completely recreated a functional video chat in the game!
- Players will cooperate to 8 online, and up to 4 locally, with splitted screens.
- It will be possible to play the game on TV or from the Gamepad, but we do not know yet if two players each in cooperation may benefit from their own screen.
- Regarding the DLC, many textures packs will be on sale from the start of the game. Many additional contents should then happen quickly.
- Exclusive skins of Mario or Zelda were also scheduled. Rumors even speak of amiibo figurines.