Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 for Wii U download available on April 23
The fascinating world of Animal Crossing series will land on Mario Kart 8 on April 23, when a second pack of the downloadable content will add 8 new tracks, 3 new characters and four new vehicles to the anti-gravity racing game available exclusively for Wii U.
The same day, a free downloadable update will allow all owners of Mario Kart 8 to compete – for the first time in the Mario Kart series – fast 200cc class, experiencing the different circuits in a whole new way and rethinking their race strategies. And, to create the feeling of driving at supersonic speed, drifting along the tight corners will produce a cascade of sparks! In addition, the update will unlock racing suits for the following Mii characters amiibo: Wario, Pac-Man, Olimar, Bowser, Sonic, Toad, Villager, Rosalina and Mega Man. Just touch the Wii U GamePad with a amiibo for dress your Mii character with the racing suit that it is inspired.
Since its launch in May 2014, Mario Kart 8 has sold over 4.77 million copies worldwide, and last year was named “Game of the Year” in numerous categories-platform, thanks to the combination of high competitiveness, stunning circuits and popular characters. With the upcoming launch of the next DLC pack accompanied by a free update, Mario Kart 8 will offer players more and more entertainment possibilities.
Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 – Animal Crossing X Mario Kart 8 – $8.00
- 3 characters: Village (Boy or Girl), Isabelle, and Dry Bowser
- 4 new vehicles: Streetle, City Tripper, P-Wing, and Bowser Trike
- 8 new circuits in the Crossing Cup and Bell Cup: Animal Crossing course, F-Zero Big Blue, Cheese Land, Nature Road, Ringing Metro, Baby Park, Neo Bowser City, and Ribbon Road.
Downloadable update for Mario Kart 8 is free for all owners of Mario Kart 8.
Major improvements to the game:
- Adding the 200cc class at the Grand Prix mode (after winning all the gold trophies in the 150cc class), and Online Racing challenge.
- 9 amiibo and their racing suits for Mii Unlockable: Wario, Pac-Man, Olimar, Bowser, Sonic, Toad, Villager, Rosalina and Mega Man.
To buy Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 before launch of April 23, players with free broadband Internet can click the icon “Shop” in the game or visit the Nintendo eShop for Wii U. The pack is sold individually at $8.00, or bundled with the DLC Pack 1, containing characters and circuits inspired by the series The Legend of Zelda, to $12.00. Those who purchase both DLC Pack 1 + 2 will have access to eight alternative colors for Yoshi and Shy Guy, available immediately.