Life Planning Steps For Career Professionals
It’s very important to be self-aware. A person who is aware of his or her doings and of the things around him can navigate successfully through the twists & turns of reality. Self-awareness helps one plan better for their life and career.
Effective planning is essential for a successful career and a satisfactory personal life. The life and career of a person are intertwined intricately. Ignore one and the other falls apart. This is why the following excerpts guide you towards developing a self-awareness plan for improving your life & career simultaneously.
1. Self Assessment
Self Assessment is a must for any professional if they want growth in their career and in life. You need to set aside some time and introspect on the path that best suits your aptitude and experience. You need to assess the areas where you have faltered and think about the reasons behind your failures toward assignment help.
“A person who knows himself the best, succeeds in the best manner.”
Take some time to assess your skill sets. Think about how much you have improved your existing skills, how much more improvement you need and what new skills you need to learn. Dwell on the constraints that are keeping you from getting better and what you can do to overcome these limitations. If you analyse deeply, you will find that it is your own habits and mindset that is stopping you from becoming better.
The best way to perform self-assessment is to move to some calm place of your choice. It can be a hilly resort, or some other mountainous place.
Next up, create a note of corrective actions corresponding to the points above. You need to make it a habit to look at those notes every day for about 10-15 minutes and analyse what kind of corrective actions you need to undertake. Stick to a schedule, for weeks and months if necessary, and strive towards improvement.
2. Work on your habits
Bad habits act as serious roadblocks to success. One can have any of these bad habits and each of them has the potential to consume their life & career.
- Excessive Drinking or Smoking- Overcome these serious addictions through counselling and self-determination.
- Procrastination—Be proactive, hard-working, positive-minded and self- respectful
- Neglecting physical health- Follow a workout routine, eat healthy and avoid junk food.
- Neglecting one’s mental faculties- Practice brain games and other such stuff to keep your brain active and stay focused. Spend time with friends and family to rejuvenate the happiness index of your life.
- Irresponsible and unfaithful behaviour – Having a strong set of morals and a good conscience is essential no matter what. Learn to keep your word and act responsibly. Keep this fact in mind if you want others to respect you.
- Financial Mismanagement – Plan out your finances carefully. Build a financial schedule, make a list of all kinds of expenses and try to cut down on any unnecessary ones.
All kind of self-destructive habits can be weeded out with some efforts and mental strength; it is very much within your capacity. Remember, only you can bring about that drastic change you are looking for.
3. Developing skills to further your career
Getting a good job is not enough. You have to adapt and fit yourself as per the job demands. Learning the skills that can help you do so is this mandatory. They can be anything like:
- Writing a memo or proposal appropriately
- Learning new techniques to manage projects more effectively
- Developing your listening, presentation and observational skills
- Learning to design or create in a better manner
- Getting hands-on training on various applications
- Attending workshops and industrial training programs
A successful professional is the one who knows all about the ins and outs of their work and is adept at handling every aspect of it. If you are a researcher, carry out more experiments, learn new protocols, volunteer for your colleague’s projects and read more to develop your researching skills.
Try to work more with your mentor or get into internships and orientation sessions to hone your skills. The point to be noted is that, no matter what career path you select, always make sure that there’s ample scope to learn new things.
Be smart in your job search
Some people work hard for success. Others look for jobs smartly. While searching for a job don’t only go for the brand name and the designation but check
- The number of working hours it demands- You need to check whether it would compromise your personal time or not.
- The roles and responsibilities- Check whether it would offer you any skill enhancement, learning experience or any scope of personal development.
- Salary break-ups and the other perks
- Performance of other employees – Job shadowing comes in handy in this case. Spend some time observing a professional on the job. You can accompany them in meetings and watch them how they complete their daily tasks. A good conversation with your co-worker can help you learn a lot about their role & work habits.
- workplace location – whether it is easy or hard for you to commute
Think deeply about all that’s written above and do your best to implement them in your life. Be strong, use your common sense and become the champion of your own life!