Lego Jurassic World Troubleshooting Guide, Full Screen Resolution fix, etc
Lego Jurassic World was released on 12th June, 2015. This is a new Lego series based on Jurassic World movie theme. The game came out just after one day when the movie was released. Lego series has also released ample of games on movies. In this short guide I am going to show you some tips on fixing few errors and problems that you might face while playing Lego Jurassic World. Most of the solutions are for PC version only. Lego Jurassic World is released for consoles and for PC, with those users of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U can also play this game. It is an interesting game suitable for all ages. For PC to run this game effectively you have to meet the minimum system requirements.
Minimum System Requirements:
- CPU – Core 2 Duo @ 1.8Ghz or AMD 64 X2 Dual Core
- GPU – Geforce 7600 GS or Radeon X1950 Pro
- RAM – 2GB or higher
- OS – Windows Vista or higher
- DirectX – DirectX 10
- Storage – Upto 10GB
Recommended System Requirements:
- CPU – Core i5 @ 1.5Ghz or AMD Phenom X2
- GPU – Geforce GTX 480 or Radeon 5850
- RAM – 4GB or higher
- OS – Windows 7 64bit
- DirectX – DirectX 11
- Storage – Upto 10GB
Common Crash, Black Screen and Game Lagging Issue:
Game crash, black screen and game lagging are the most common issue that you might face after a fresh installation. Here, before installing the game there are few things you have to check. First you have to verify that your hardware requirement is enough to run the game. Lego Jurassic World is not a very high demanding game. It will work on a mid range system with 1GB GPU and 4GB RAM. But still I will recommend you to check the same. After that you can follow the below troubleshooting steps:
- Install the latest version of JAVA in Windows. (https://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp?detect=jre&try=1)
- Update the latest GPU Drivers depending on your GPU Model. For Nvidia GPU you can use Nvidia Auto Detect Utility (http://www.nvidia.com/download/scan.aspx?lang=en-us). For AMD you can use AMD Auto Detect Utility (http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool).
- Disable your Security software like any antivirus or firewall at the time of installation. So that the security software does not block any files at the time of installation.
- Defrag your hard drive for better output. Go in Control Panel and search for Disk Defragmentation. Click on that and defrag the C: drive or the partition where the game is installed.
- Updating drivers will help you a lot. You can use DriverBooster or any related driver updating software to get the latest version. Or else you can simply go on the official website of Laptop/Motherboard manufacturer to get latest drivers.
- Go in the game graphics settings and reduce the video resolution and turn off other graphic options. Check the changes in the game performance.
- Update the latest version of DirectX in your system. Get it from here – https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=35
Lego Jurassic World Game crashing on Start:
- Deleting the game cache will fix the issue. This is a tiny fix that will work for most of the bug. Go in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment\LEGO Worlds folder. Look for the Cache folder and delete all its content. Then try to start the game again.
- Do the same for C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment\ LEGO Jurassic Worlds world.
Lego Jurassic World always starts in Window Mode:
- Sometime when you launch the game then it will start in Windowed Mode always. This issue occurs due to the game config settings. You can manually edit that and solve the issue. For that go in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment\ LEGO Jurassic Worlds folder. In that open the pcconfig.txt file. Look for ScreenWidth and ScreenHeight in that section. That will be 1280×768. You have to change that to 1920×1080. Also do the same for WindowWidth and WindowHeight. Then look for the refresh rate which will be ScreenRefreshRate. Set that to 60 and done.
Lego Jurassic World fails to move lever in the game:
- There is actually no fix for this. All you have to do is change your gamepad controller if you are playing it on console. And for pc you have go in the keyboard settings and check the assigned key.
Lego Jurassic World crashing at Triceratops:
- This is bit weird issue that you might face sometime. The game sometime crashes when you are playing a level with Triceratops. A few fixes to resolve this issue is to switch your graphic mode to DirectX 9. If the game works slow after this then backup your save games files and re-install the game.
The save game is located in game folder inside C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment\. Backup the entire folder and after re-installing the game overwrite the save files.