Born as a title designed exclusively for PC and PS4, following the abandonment of Sony Online Entertainment by Sony and the birth of Daybreak Game Company, H1Z1 has become in effect a multiplatform project that could arrive on Xbox One.
The survival/MMO game is currently available in Early Access exclusively on PC and despite the many defects that has managed to grab a good fanbase, they will surely be happy to know that the developers have published a new gigantic patch called “Big Damn Patch”.
Among the most important things of this update, in addition to bug fixes, there are many new entries regarding equipment, new models that can be used for your character, graphical improvements to the animations of humans and zombies, a new spawn system zombie that is adjusted and based on the number of players on the server and the presence of several working tables that can be used to remove ache and modify weapons and everything else.
For the full changelog, you can refer to reddit.com and below.
- New Male character model is available
- The Dam area has been given a major overhaul.
- Battle Royale starting area has been updated.
- Current Grid position is now shown on-screen(like BR). Hand drawn map has basic grid markers.
- Added a new equip slot for the face
- Fixed Bug – player will now exit a vehicle towards the same side on which they are seated.
- Fixed bug where player could sometimes get injured when moving off a rock.
- Fixed a lot of erroneous terrain bugs that have caused objects to float including cars, campsites and other smaller objects
- Added a small improvement to placing free placed items, preventing them from being able to clip through walls.
- Server optimizations made to the body sim
- Zombies will now wear the lootable hats and helmets they have in their inventory. They will carry weapons. Note: They do not the wear lootable shirts or pants yet.
- Pickup Truck first person interior has been enhanced.
- R380 pistol added to game, it is a high fire rate, low caliber pocket pistol. The R380 can be found in BR and around the world in the core game.
- 12GA Shotgun damage increased.
Zombie Spawn Changes
- Made zombie total population based on player population, to keep low-pop servers from getting completely overrun. This does not include the current wandering hordes (which are accounted for outside this number). On a server full of players, the total number of zombies is unchanged.
- Biased zombie spawns toward areas with more player heat, and more items, so that cities, camps and player firefights have the highest rate of zombie spawns, and the wilderness areas have less.
- Made the spawned zombies that occur in player spawn areas biased more toward low-speed shamblers, so that new players (with no weapons) can more easily run away.
What do you think of this patch? Have you already tried H1Z1? Let us know in comments section.