GTA 5 Troubleshooting Guide, Tips and Tricks
GTA 5 is one of the most anticipated games of this year. This game was released on gaming consoles year before, and now finally it is released for pc. There are many issues that you might face at the time of playing this game. You have to take care about few things so that you can get a stable output throughout the game. First of all, it is very important that your system must match the minimum system requirement for this game. Minimum system requirement will give you low end graphics but stable gameplay. And Maximum system requirement will give you good graphics output. Good hardware means longer hours of stable gameplay. This is not really possible without proper optimization. So before moving ahead, try to match the minimum system requirements. AMD and Nvidia have specially released new drivers and patches for better gameplay. You can download them from below.
Beta Driver Updates for GTA 5 for PC:
- Optimized AMD Beta Driver for GTA 5 – http://gametransfers.com/amd-catalyst-15-4-beta-driver-for-gta-v-download-available/
- Optimized Nvidia Beta Driver for GTA 5 – http://gametransfers.com/nvidia-geforce-game-ready-graphics-driver-350-12-for-gta-v-download-now-available/
GTA 5 PC System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1.
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 or AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor
- Memory: 4GB
- Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB
- Sound Card: DirectX 10 compatible
- HDD Space: 65GB
- OS: Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
- Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ / AMD X8 FX-8350
- Memory: 8GB
- Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
- Sound Card: DirectX 10 compatible
- HDD Space: 65GB
Now we will move ahead for further fixes. There are many common problems that you will face at the time of installation while playing the game. I am going to target the most common issues here. So that you can get an easy fix. You are also welcome to ask any question in the comment section below if you are facing any different problems with GTA V.
GTA Online Car Disappearing:
This fix is for consoles. I am going to add this also. A few gamers have dealt with issue. There is a fix for this. The issue occurs when you are trying to transfer your GTA Online Progress from a console to a pc. The cars that you had already got in the online session will be missing. To fix the issue follow the below steps:
- Go in GTA Online in Console and then accept Title Update
- After that pause the game and go to Online tab.
- Select Leave GTA Online. Then test on your PC after transferring the progress.
Error Code: Rockstar update service is unavailable (Code 1):
There is a weird reason behind this error. The cause of this is error is your Windows user name, the account name in which you are playing game. It looks like Rockstar has blacklisted some names that put direct impact in the game performance and when you try to launch the game you get the above error. The possible solution to fix this problem is to create a new User Account with full admin rights. You can do this from Control Panel > User Account. And launch the game in that. Try to use a proper name that contains mostly alphabets. Rockstar is working on a fix that can permanently remove this problem.
Error Code: Unable to detect Windows Media Player:
This error appears on that system which is not having Windows Media Player installed. GTA 5 requires Windows Media Player to work properly and if you are getting this error then you need to re-install that. There is another fix which will help. Go in Control Panel > Programs > Turn windows feature On/Off > and from there try to look for Media Feature. Then click on Ok. This will install Windows Media Player back in your system. Try to re-launch the game again.
Steam goes Offline after joining Online Map:
A bug appears to some games when the steam goes automatically offline when trying to connect to an online game. There is a small fix for this and it can be resolved easily. Check the following things below:
- Disable Firewall while connecting.
- Turn off your antivirus for some time.
- If you do not want to disable your security application, open ports TCP: 80,443 UDP: 6672, 61455, 61457, 61456, 61458.
GTA 5 Stuck in Window Mode:
It’s a common issue that will occur when you install the game first time. The game will start in Window Mode. There are some common fixes for this which might help.
- Try to hit Alt + Enter from your keyboard. The game will switch to full screen mode automatically.
- Install GTA 5 optimized drivers in your pc. There are separate drivers for Nvidia and AMD mentioned above.
- Try to turn off all background processes. The more ram is free the better the game will perform.
- Let the starting cinematic end. And then go in the Game Video settings, adjust the screen resolution.
- If nothing works then your graphics card cannot hold the video resolution on full screen. You have to play it in window mode only.
Social Club Error: Rockstar Game Services are unavailable –
This is a common error when you try to connect to online mode. If you are getting this error, then you have to wait for an update. Once Social Club is updated, this error will vanish automatically. If you are getting this error constantly then it means the updates for your region are not yet released.
GTA 5 FPS dropping on Windows:
GTA 5 is a high end game and it also requires a good system to work well. You must check the minimum and maximum system requirements if you want a stable output else you will face FPS problems. Here many had complained about poor fps in this game. There are some fixes I am able to find from different places. I am quite sure that this will help you out.
- Download GTA 5 Beta drivers. There are official drivers for Nvidia and AMD mentioned above. Just update the beta drivers and check back.
- Run Disk Defragmentation. This will help a lot to enhance the game performance. Try to end all memory hogging applications and see that your monitor refresh rate must be high.
- For those who are using AMD graphics card, you can do this from your bios or you can also use cmd for that. The command is “bcdedit /set useplatformclock false”. Reboot your pc after that and recheck.
- The issue is common with Nvidia 900 series card. Try to update the beta drivers.
- Launch the game first Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to launch Task Manager. Go in processes and right click on gta5.exe. Set the priority to high.