Gears of War Ultimate Edition Title Update 5 download available on Windows 10 PC
The Coalition developer launched yesterday a new patch for Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on Windows 10, with the aim of introducing support for some of the new features of Universal Windows Platform.
To begin, PC gamers can now change the limit of the frame rate per second and disable v-sync if they prefer. In addition, the update adds anisotropic filtering setting in video issues and fixes some bugs, such as post-processing effects that were disabled at certain times.
Checkout Gears of War Ultimate Edition Title Update 5 Patch Notes are given here and below:
– Added v-sync toggle to video options. Toggle “off” to not be limited by your monitors refresh rate. Note: This requires an OS update that can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3156421
– Added frame rate limit selector to video options. Use to reduce your frame rate if you are getting too much tearing, or choose unlimited to let the game render as fast as possible. Note: This option is best used with v-sync off. With v-sync on, it will force the game onto a refresh interval (render every refresh, every second refresh, etc.).
– Added anisotropic filtering setting to video options.
– Added FPS counter toggle to video options.
– Fixed a bug where post processing could become disabled.
– Fixed a bug where PSO’s could be created on the fly instead of read from the cache, causing hitches.
In addition, Microsoft said it expects to release an update for Forza 6 Apex granting support for new features of Universal Windows Platform. The first games to receive support for new options will be developed by the company.
Finally, Microsoft said Windows 10 players will receive new features for games in the future, related to options for multiple GPUs and DirectX 12.