Final Fantasy XV Art Director Yusuke Naora Leaves Square Enix
The Final Fantasy XV art director, Yusuke Naora, has resigned from Square Enix after 24 years at the highest level in the company.
After 24 years of loyal service, Yusuke Naora announced his departure for the new adventures of Final Fantasy series. Final Fantasy XV was his latest project.
He wants to return to his family in his hometown and find new challenges. However, this does not mark the end of the collaboration between the company and the artist because it indicates that he will still continue to provide them with illustrations and designs. A passage of freelance somehow.
Before his departure, you could watch the end of his work in Final Fantasy XV and the artistic director believes that this is the best end of every game. He congratulated the developers and is very pleased to have been involved in the project, although the postponement of two months just spoils the party.
Naora worked as an art director for many series of Final Fantasy, including some of the famous Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy XV that is now going to be released at the end of November.
It is not known what will be the future projects of Yusuke Naora, and all we can do is wish him good luck and hope to see his talent soon at the service for a new video game masterpiece.
The artistic director has worked on numerous projects within the company, listed below:
1. Final Fantasy VI (1994) – Field Graphic Designer
2. Chrono Trigger (1995) – Field Graphic Designer
3. Final Fantasy VII (1997) – Art Director
4. Final Fantasy VIII (1999) – Art Director
5. Vagrant Story (2000) – Accessories Designer (CGI intro)
6. The Bouncer (2000) – Art supervisor
7. Final Fantasy X (2001) – Art Director
8. Unlimited SaGa (2002) – Art director
9. Final Fantasy XI (2002) – CG supervisor Art
10. Front Mission 4 (2003) – Chara-designer
11. Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII (2004) – Art Director
12. Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song (2005) – Art director
13. Final Fantasy VII Advent Children (2005) – Art Director
14. Code Age Commanders (2005) – Producer, director and artistic creation of history
15. Code Age Brawls (2005) – Producer, director and artistic creation of history
16. Front Mission 5: Scars of the War (2005) – Chara-design
17. Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (2006) – Art supervisor
18. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (2007) – Art supervisor
19. Song Summoner: The Unsung Heroes (2008) – Chara-design
20. The Last Remnant (2008) – Art producer, Chara-design
21. Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals (2010) – Chara-design
22. Chaos Rings (2010) – Chara-design
23. Final Fantasy XIII (2009) – Concept Art supervisor
24. Final Fantasy Type-0 (2011) – Art Director
25. Chaos Rings Omega (2011) – Chara-design
26. Chaos Rings II (2011) – Chara-design
27. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2012) – Chara-designer Caius Ballad, costume designer
28. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster (2013) – Art supervisor
29. Lightning Returns (2013) – Art design
30. Final Fantasy Agito (2014) – Art supervisor
31. Final Fantasy XV (2016) – Art Director