DriveClub, DriveClub VR Servers Will Be Shut Down in 2020 by Sony
DriveClub was one of the first exclusives of PlayStation 4 and the affection that the developers had for the project resulted in years and years of support and content. Unfortunately, Sony decided that it was enough, because in a few months you will have to say goodbye to online races, including Driveclub, Driveclub VR and Driveclub
“Online servers for DRIVECLUB, DRIVECLUB VR and DRIVECLUB Bikes will shut down on 31st March 2020, 23:59 BST. All online features (including online multiplayer modes) will cease on that date,” was mentioned in the publication.
Although you can still enjoy the title if you are alone, from the following year you will not be able to:
- Use your season pass online.
- Represent your Club online in multiplayer events or tours.
- Play online multiplayer and compete in challenges.
- Create your own events.
- Compete in leader boards, or share stats and player progress.
You will be able to:
- Use your season pass on all single player and offline modes.
- Continue to play all game (DC, DC VR and DC Bikes) and DLC single player functionality in offline mode.
- Earn trophies in single player / offline mode.
The good news is that, although more scarce, DriveClub also has content from players, so the closing of these servers will not affect this mode or its trophies or block the DLC that you already have downloaded.
On the other hand, if you were thinking of buying something from this franchise in the future, you are also racing against the clock: the publication also revealed that DriveClub, DriveClub VR and DriveClub Bikes, along with their season passes, will no longer be sold on the PS Store from August 31, 2019 at 23:59 BST.
With this pair of announcements, Sony confirms that it “surrenders” in the field of car games and will let others fight for the market.
Do you still connect to the online server of DriveClub? Tell us in the comments below.