Dragon Quest 11 Releases on September 4 in the West for PC and PS4, Switch Version To Take Long Time
Square Enix has announced that Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age will be available for PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam from September 4, 2018, in the west. Dragon Quest 11 is the highly anticipated eleventh installment of the series created by Yuji Horii together with character designer Akira Toriyama and composer Koichi Sugiyama.
The game follows the adventures of a persecuted hero who will have to solve the mystery of his destiny with the help of a fun group of secondary characters. With a mission that will take players to cross continents and vast oceans, thanks to which they will discover the threat looming over the world, Dragon Quest 11 brings to life a huge and detailed world with exciting turn-based combat and a captivating story that will attract both fans of the saga as well as those who do not yet know about the series.
The title also includes many secondary missions and minigames that will keep players glued to the screen for more than 100 hours, and the western version of Dragon Quest XI will include various improvements that were not present in the Japanese version of the game, including:
1. Voices in English that bring to life the fantastic cast of characters.
2. Draconian Quest: a very difficult mode that offers additional challenges for the more experienced players.
3. Renewed menus and user interface with graphical improvements and a more intuitive navigation system.
4. Camera mode that allows players to photograph in detail the fantastic landscapes, characters, and monsters of the game.
5. A new Dash Function and various other system improvements, such as optimizing the movements of the characters and the view.
As for the version of Switch, the information is less clear. “We are also developing the Switch version for Europe and North America, but development is expected to take a long time from a technological standpoint as well, so we still have a long way to go until its release,” reads Square Enix’s statement via IGN.
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age will be available for PlayStation 4 and PC (via Steam) from September 4, 2018. Those who will pre-order the title on PlayStation Store will receive an exclusive theme for PlayStation 4 and a range of downloadable content, including Vest for Success, Seed of Skill x15, and Über Agate of Evolution x3.