Bethesda Softworks has released a new trailer for the next installment of Doom, this time with the new multiplayer maps it will be possible to survey online. This is to give an idea of the level design provided by the team at id Software.
Being finalized on the premises of id Software, the fourth component of Doom is almost entering its final stretch before the final launch. This new FPS game coming from one of the heavyweights of the genre is sorely awaited for several years.
To make us wait, the publisher Bethesda Softworks offers us a new trailer which shows the nine multiplayer maps it will be possible to test, namely: Excavation, Infernal, Chasm, Disposal, Helix, Perdition, Sacrilegious, Heatwave and Beneath.
It explained that some maps have one or two teleporters and bounce platforms while others have explosive barrels. Nevertheless, the level design looks pretty varied and worked upon, giving us the impression of rediscovering an atmosphere similar to a former frantic FPS game that we have known in the 90s.
Recall that a closed beta exclusively multiplayer will be deployed between 1 and 14 April 2016 for those who used the access code to the beta provided for the purchase of Wolfenstein: The New Order.
The final version of Doom will in turn be available on 13 May 2016 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
Doom launch maps include the following:
1. Excavation: A modest-sized UAC mining outpost. Watch out for the rock grinder!
2. Infernal: A mid-sized Hell map with both interior and exterior elements. Lots of platforms and chasms, along with teleporters.
3. Chasm: This massive map takes you deep below the polar ice caps of Mars. A great place to play Freeze Tag.
4. Disposal: This smaller map is the main waste processing facility for the UAC research and residential complexes. Unsurprisingly, it’s full of radioactive slime.
5. Helix: This is where they experiment on demons and develop advanced weaponry. Which, naturally, makes it perfect for a quick round of Clan Arena.
6. Perdition: Disjointed and sadistic, this ancient arena is populated by the agonized moans of unfortunate souls who have suffered within its realm.
7. Sacrilegious: Set within a fracture of Hell, this map offers clear lines of sight. Move fast… or die faster.
8. Heatwave: An industrial UAC facility with glistening halls that will soon be slicked with human (and demon) blood.
9. Beneath: Before being beamed to Earth, the energies of Hell are harnessed in this symmetrical and cavernous location.