This is a news that many fans of Bungie game will appreciate: a new patch will allow the arrival of many new content in Destiny by the end of this month!
The second expansion called Destiny: House of Wolves should arrive in the second quarter of this year, in any case the information was confirmed by Bungie! The studio reiterated its confirmation in response to rumors that the content House of Wolves to also come with new armor and weapons. Bungie also took the opportunity to announce the arrival of the 1.1.1 patch before the end of this month! The main update on both The Dark Below and House of Wolves should be one of the biggest drops of content before a little while!
Bungie has put forward the contents of the patch in details on their official website here. As noted, the patch should include a new balance of weapons, including the pulse rifle which nobody seems to like, obviously. Some other changes are also made to Auto Rifles, Fusion Rifles, Hand Cannons, Shotguns, etc; which are listed below:
1. Auto Rifle is optimal at close to medium range
2. Damage, Stability, and Range are tuned such that players desire Stability for reliable close quarters damage, or Range for better accuracy at a distance
1. Reduce base damage of Auto Rifles by 2.5% (averaged across Rate of Fire stats, higher RoF took less of a reduction than low RoF)
2. Reduce effective range values so that damage falloff and accuracy are a stronger factor in combat decisions
3. Range reduction is less severe in the higher stat values, so now your range stat is more critical to long distance engagements
1. Shotgun is the most optimal at very close range
2. Complements melee attacks and other close quarters class builds
Offensively closing on an enemy with a Shotgun is a risk/reward timing game
1. Increase damage by 2x (100%) against all non-Guardian combatants (aliens)
2. Reduce high end range values – damage falloff starts sooner, so Crucible players with long range shotguns need to be a little closer for successful one hit kills
3. (Like the Fusion Rifle) Initial starting ammo is reduced across all ammo stats in the Crucible:
4. Starting a Crucible match, you’ll have less Shotgun ammo in reserve
5. In PvE activities we persistently track your ammo
6. We only use initial ammo values if you are logging in for the first time, or starting a Crucible match
1. Hand Cannon is optimal at medium range
2. Hand Cannon is optimal when shots are paced, becomes less effective when fired quickly
3. Rewards agility when under fire, precision targeting, and snap shots
1. Reduce effective range
2. Damage falloff starts closer to the shooter, and follow up shots are less accurate at long ranges
3. Slight reduction to initial accuracy
4. This is unnoticeable at close to medium range, but underscores the range intentions when used from far away.
In any case what do you think of this new update?