DARQ Confirmed to Release on Nintendo Switch
The horror game Darq, which arrived in summer on PC, will also be released on the Nintendo Switch console.
In summer it was suggested at some point that the game, DARQ, could arrive on Nintendo console, but it had not transpired until now, when the community got a small comment on Twitter from the development team. When the head of the title was asked about its possible arrival on Nintendo Switch, he replied that “Yes! It’s on my to-do list.”
Yes! It’s on my to-do list
— Unfold Games (@UnfoldGames) August 23, 2019
DARQ tells the story of Lloyd, a boy who becomes aware that he is dreaming. To his misfortune, the dream soon turns into a nightmare and all his attempts to wake up fail. While exploring the darkest corners of his subconscious, Lloyd learns to defy the laws of physics and manipulate the malleable reality of this dream world to survive.
For now there is no date or more information about its landing on the hybrid console or the options for the title to reach more systems.
1. Psychological horror set in a lucid dream, relying on slow build and creepy atmosphere rather than gore and violence.
2. Unique artstyle and detailed environment to explore
3. Sound design by Bjørn Jacobsen, known for his work on such games as Cyberpunk 2077 and Hitman.
4. Puzzles that involve bending the laws of physics (walking on walls and ceilings) , manipulating the dream world (moving things, rotating rooms), collecting and using found objects, and avoiding enemies.
5. Hidden secrets to find (optional, for hardcore players only)