Bad news for all players of Destiny, since Bungie announced that the Iron Banner tournament scheduled for this week will be canceled due to connection problems with the game.
Through Twitter, Bungie said that the problems that prevented players to join Trials of Osiris returned, but to affect Iron Banner. For this reason, the studio decided to cancel the long-awaited event for users, which would have been available from today, June 21. So far, there is no information of when Iron Banner could return.
Due to the same issue that prevented players from joining matches in Trials of Osiris, we are also cancelling Iron Banner for this week.
— Bungie (@Bungie) June 20, 2016
The studio also reported that there are problems with the global network of Destiny, and that they are working to correct the Honeydew error, which is affecting weekly events, Nighfall and Raids.
Issues involving HONEYDEW errors when attempting to play Nightfall, weekly strikes, and raids are now resolved. Thank you for your patience.
— Bungie Help (@BungieHelp) June 21, 2016
Before they got the bad news, Bungie revealed the rewards that players could get in Iron Banner, among which there are new weapons, helmets and items for your Guardian.
In related information, Bungie showed the new expansion for Destiny, Rise of Iron. This content will be available on September 20 for $29.99 USD, only for current generation consoles.
And if that was not enough, Bungie said that Destiny could reach PC, because they are open to bring the game to any platform that makes sense.