A new patch 1.0.5 version for Assassin’s Creed Unity now allows players to open the blue and gold chests without the use of companion app. Users can still continue the progress in the application, however, the app will not give access to the treasures in question in the main game.
The update is already available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and today it should land on PC.
Below you can find the Assassin’s Creed Unity Patch 5 Release Notes found on the Ubisoft official forums:
Stability & performance
* Fixed numerous random crashes both on Campaign and Coop
Save game & Progression
* Fixed gear and outfit rewards getting relocked
* Added users profile corrector to resolve companion synchronization issues
* Made Initiate and companion app exclusive content accessible to all players
* Fixed the ‘Find Leon’ objective not spawning on Dead Kings Memory 2
Online matchmaking, connectivity & replication
* Fixed various matchmaking and connection issues both in matches and when starting a match.
* Fixed various replication issues between host and clients
* Fixed issues with the My Club feature
Gameplay (navigation, fight, stealth)
* Fixed issue with Arno losing control after trying to launch Initiates from the pause menu
* Fixed minor navigation issues
Menus and HUD
* Fixed issues occurring when hacking gears
* Fixed additional issues with notifications
World & 3D
* Fixed some minor FX and texture issues