The series of rumors circling a few days ago about Assassin’s Creed Origins seems not be stopping, the new episode of the famous Ubisoft series not yet officially announced.
Based on the information emerged on Reddit, the protagonist of Assassin’s Creed Origins will be an Israelite engaged in freeing the Jewish people from slavery perpetrated by the civilizations of ancient Egypt (which indicates a temporal position between 1400 and 1200 BC, in spite of what we learned with the previous rumor). As to the new protagonist – apparently similar to Altair for personality – will be dedicated to a whole new trilogy, exactly as it did with Ezio Auditore; Shawn, William and Rebecca also make their appearance in the contemporary world (which is described similar to Assassin’s Creed 3 with larger areas and greater interaction with the characters). A New Piece of Eden will make its appearance: our new protagonist will use it to divide the waters of the Red Sea during the Exodus of the Jewish population.
As for the gameplay, it is confirmed the combat system is similar to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, with stealth elements much more marked and integrated into the game world than ever before. The gameplay is also defined much more fluid, while enemy patterns have been largely revised to make the clashes more dynamic and more difficult. There is also mention of a skill tree, and a customization system similar to Assassin’s Creed Unity.
Developers would be 100% focused on the single player segment of the game, and would not intend to include an online component. The release of the game, finally, is expected by the end of 2017 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One (excluding, therefore, Nintendo Switch).
Of course none of this information is confirmed officially. We just have to wait for E3 2017 for the official reveal of Assassin’s Creed Origins.
Below you can read all the new leaked details about Assassin’s Creed Origins:
• The leaks aren’t “accidents”. Controlled. Both pictures are real. The first one (where the MC stood in front of something) is very old. The second one is a picture from the Demo we’ll see at E3.
• New scouting mechanic, the eagle. The eagle’s placeholder name for now is “Akhom”.
• There are NO towers in the game. You will be using your eagle for side-activities and points of interest. There’s a limit to how far you can go away from the protagonist.
• The characters all speak English like in Unity. That is because of the Animus 5.0, which has perfected any translation issues of the older versions. You will be sitting in it, not moving around like in the movie.
• We have a new Modern Day protagonist, he’s male and mixed race. Already a trained Assassin and has a new team that helps him achieve his task, given by William himself. William, Rebecca, Shaun all make appearances.
• MD is more like AC3’s MD with bigger areas and more character interaction. The MD does more to highlight the fact that Assassins and Templars still exist and are having a big impact on the world.
• “Without giving too much away, a piece of Eden is used during the Exodus and the crossing of the Red Sea, playing into the whole overarching mission of the modern-day protagonist.” Not main focus of the story though.
• He doesn’t exactly know when it’s set, but last he heard it was set between 1400 and 1200 BCE. It’s set during the Dynasties.
• NO naval combat. It really is only just a sailing boat used for travel purposes. It’s like in The Witcher 3, just a tad more customizable. That’s it.
• He states numerous times that the world is breathtakingly beautiful and that there is ambient stuff going on in the open seas. B• etter to sail than miss this stuff by fast-travelling.
• You will be travelling the Eastern Mediterranean with your boat.
• Ambient music is in the game. Hooray!
• Devs have focused on story 100%. There is no multiplayer whatsoever, however there are micro-transactions like in BF and Rogue. • Multiplayer is still on the cards, might return at some point to the franchise.
• A lot of work went into the immersion aspect.
• Plenty of tropical areas. Mirages, oasis areas and various islands dotted around the sea are beautiful.
• The main protag (in the past) is a quieter version of Altair, basically. Looks like him, slightly darker. Not black like Adé. • Trilogy with him planned. Greece comes next and he’s in there. No idea about the third entry at all.
• Main protag (past) is apparently Israelite.
• Combat has been reworked. Enemies have different attack patterns and will actively try to flank you. Kinda like Witcher 3, but easier to get into.
• Stealth is much more integrated into the world. You can hide on corners, in crowds, in buildings and in bushes/haystacks. • Imagine Syndicate and Unity’s stealth, but much more well thought out and implemented. Social stealth is emphasized a lot in the game. You’ll be blending into crowds and with groups of slaves an awful lot.
• Free running is the same as Syndicate/Unity, though it adds in some of the flair from Watch Dogs 2. It’s a lot smoother and more fluid.
• Reason why AC doesn’t make its way to Japan is because the higher ups don’t see it being successful. They made China for • Chronicles to “please the fans”. Whoop-de-doo.
• Same thing for WW1 and WW2.
• Engine is a reworked version of Syndicate’s. But looks drastically different to Syndicate/Unity.
• They took Unity’s backlash very, very badly. They’ve been working on Origins so much to avoid another buggy situation. “Syndicate was about 60% complete when the backlash came to light, so Ubi shoved that one out of the door before we had the break.”
• No Switch version, releases on PS4, Xbawks One and PC.
• Coming out later this year.
• Hidden Blade used in the game is a very early version. Requires losing a finger. There’s also a bow, a shield, various swords, spears and throwing knives.
• Our protagonist (paaast) doesn’t have a name at the beginning. Later, other characters start calling him “Shed”, after the deity that represents salvation. A big part of the story revolves around saving your people from slavery.
• The idea of an Ancient Rome game was floating around the office. Ceasar wasn’t a Templar, but shared a lot of their ideologies. • Senators that killed him were part of the Brotherhood. Status of this idea is unknown.
• Skills are done in a talent tree. However, the differences between the skill trees are drastically different and you can only ever have a certain amount of skills active at one point. One tree is Combat, another Stealth and the final one is Movement.
• Outfit-wise, there’s a few pre-determined outfits (as there has been in every AC game). However, there are different piece of equipment that you can buy that will go over the top of your ‘base’ appearance. Imagine Unity’s equipment variation/customization, but with less pointless fluff.
• Character customization is more like Unity than Syndicate.
• You can put your hood on and off whenever you want!