A new patch for Fallout 4 is available for download today on PC, adding new features such as a more extensive list of names for the vocabulary Codsworth and some corrections to errors such as leaving your character invisible.
Therefore, Bethesda added more than 300 new names in the vocabulary of Codsworth, which surely will please many users. Unfortunately, the studio did not reveal the list of these names.
In addition, there was also added the new ExitSave function, which is created when you exit the main menu. When you play again, the ExitSave will be removed after loading. This works with all levels of difficulty of Fallout 4, including Survival.
Last but not least, the update prepares Fallout 4 for the following expansions, Vault-Tec Workshop will arrive this month and Nuka-World, which is scheduled to debut in August. You can find all the patch notes here and below.
Thus, the update 1.6 and can be downloaded on PC now and Xbox One will be getting it next week. For users of PlayStation 4 this will take longer, as in its official forums, Bethesda said that the studio “is working in time for the version of PS4” and will reach new details as they become available.
As you remember, this is not the first time an update comes after the release of Fallout 4 on PS4, because the mods program, which planned to debut in June, was delayed indefinitely.
Fallout 4 Patch 1.6 Changelogs:
1. ExitSave – Exiting to the Main Menu will create an ExitSave. During next play session, the ExitSave will delete itself after you load it. The Existsave works in all difficulty levels including Survival.
2. New Add On specific icons in Workshop mode
3. More than 300 new player names added to Codsworth’s vocabulary
4. Support for upcoming Add Ons
1. General stability and performance improvements
2. Fixed a crash related to targeting an enemy weapon while in VATS
3. Fixed an issue where a Companion would become stuck walking and unable to run
4. Fixed issue in “Mankind Redefined” to prevent the player from getting stuck in elevators while in Mass Fusion Building
5. In “Boston After Dark” quest now completes properly when waiting for Old Man Stockton
6. Fixed occasional issue where player would become permanently invisible
7. Dead settlers can no longer be commanded or assigned to supply lines
8. Fixed issue where deleting saved games would cause other saves to disappear
9. Fixed occasional issues with activating mods that did not come from Bethesda.net
10. Minor bug fixes and optimizations to Mods load order and browsing