Bethesda has announced that it has relaunched the expansion of Far Harbor for Fallout 4 on PlayStation 4 in order to solve the serious performance problems. Of course, so far this has only happened in the United States and there had been nothing said about the issues in Europe.
Since the publication of the latest Fallout 4 DLC of Far Harbor there had been huge problems with it, which obviously cannot be eliminated with a simple patch. In this respect, the developer has now pulled the emergency brake and stopped the delivery of the game thereof. As a substitute a completely new version was published, at least on the US PlayStation Store, which will be installed over the existing add-on of the game, as mentioned on company’s official Twitter account:
A new version of Far Harbor is available on the North American PlayStation Store. Follow our instructions to install https://t.co/f7eiA2hqRU
— BethesdaGameStudios (@BethesdaStudios) June 3, 2016
Although an update for this was promised, finally the company has been forced to remove the previous version of the DLC and upload a new one to correct the problem, so you have to first uninstall the Far Harbor expansion on your console and re-download the full dlc again.
Far Harbor presents a new case of the agency of Valentine Detective who will lead us to look for a young and a secret colony of synths, by moving to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, a secluded area between the sea and wild radiation levels.
According to Bethesda, this is the largest expansion ever created by the studio and additional content, offering new missions for factions, settlements, deadly creatures and scenarios, which is available at a price of 24.99 dollars.
Follow the below steps to re-download the Far Harbor Content:
1. Confirm Fallout 4 is not running. Highlight Fallout 4 in your PS4 dashboard, press OPTIONS, and select CLOSE APPLICATION to ensure Fallout 4 is not running minimized.
2. Select RELATED ITEMS. You’ll find this under the Fallout 4 icon in the PS4 dashboard.
3. Select MY ADD-ONS.
4. Navigate to the DOWNLOAD ARROW next to Far Harbor and select it.
5. You should see a notice that Far Harbor has been Added to Downloads.
6. Wait for the downloadable content to finish downloading and installing before starting Fallout 4.